Friday 2 March 2012

6 post production choices.

Choices I made that link to media concepts:

Representation
- In our music video we decided that we wanted our lead singer to have an almost 'iconic' look and feel. Therefore we had to make sure he was highlighted in a certain way and we needed plenty of shots of him. Although the band was in the britpop/indie, the music video was not totally within this genre. Two music videos we were inspired by with low lightin were The drums - Let's go Surfing! & The Horrors - Sheena is a Parasite. Two contrasting bands, The Drums being more indie/pop and The Horrors in goth-rock. So the video was challenging a convention that th genre of the band must have a completley matching video. Although the video is dark-lit, the mood is quite cheery - from the feel to the song.


Audience
- When I produce work, I look to make something that I enjoy myself. This doesn't always fit with the feel of the audience. As all products ae designed to fit an audience I must make the products fit a wider audience than just me. Through audience feedback I was able to improve my work to fit the audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment